In addition to the medications recommended by your physician, there are many alternative treatments for control of fibromyalgia pain. Here are a few examples of alternative treatments you might want to try:
- Acupuncture to reduce muscle pain;
- A nice massage to reduce stress and depression;
- Physical exercise – very important in managing fibromyalgia pain;
- Water therapy to reduce muscle strain;
- Light aerobics;
- Yoga class, while practicing relaxation techniques, to help with depression and sleep issues;
- Experiment with herbs and nutritional supplements to help reduce anxiety and pain; and
- Some people find aroma therapy to be very relaxing, thereby reducing stress.
Discuss with your doctor which alternative treatments you have tried and the affects that resulted.
This video was created by Healthguru.com and Dr. Betty Keller; Dr. Keller practices at the Optimal Wellness Center in Franklin Lakes, NJ.