If you suffer from body-wide pain and suspect you might have fibromyalgia, you should visit a doctor for a proper diagnosis. To get the most from your doctor’s appointment you need to be prepared ahead of time.
How to Prepare for Your Visit to the Doctor
- Create a timeline outlining the length of time you’ve been experiencing pain, how often and where it’s located.
- Rate your pain on a scale of 1-10 for each pain location. Note how often the pain interferes with your daily life and how it affects your sleep.
- Bring a list of all your medications, over-the-counter and prescription, and include dosage, frequency and amounts.
- Write down any other types of treatments you’ve tried and the results of those treatments. Bring copies of recent lab and medical records.
- Most importantly, write out any questions you have for the doctor.
It’s a good idea to bring someone along with you to either take notes or help you remember the discussion during your visit.
This video was created by Healthguru.com and Dr. Betty Keller; Dr. Keller practices at the Optimal Wellness Center in Franklin Lakes, NJ.