It’s critical to discuss your pain symptoms with your doctor, no matter how small, to obtain a proper diagnosis. A fibromyalgia diagnosis is based on a physical exam and your symptoms.
Use this checklist at your next doctor’s appointment:
- Exact location of pain: Neck, shoulders, elbows or knees – common tender spots with fibromyalgia
- Pains that come and go: Not just the pains you are experiencing the day of your appointment
- Ongoing pains in other parts of your body – also symptoms of fibromyalgia
- Painful menstrual periods
- Digestive problems
- Sleep habits -Sleepiness during the day – interference with your job or other daily routines
Your doctor needs to know every kind of pain you are experiencing to properly diagnose your symptoms and determine if you are suffering from fibromyalgia. Make an appointment to see your doctor today.
This video was created by Healthguru.com and Dr. Betty Keller; Dr. Keller practices at the Optimal Wellness Center in Franklin Lakes, NJ.