Everyone wants to enjoy a long life in good health, without disease or illness that gets worse with age.
But in the US, 1 in 10 people have major limitations in activity due to disabling conditions. Symptoms that keep you from being active are not an ordinary part of aging.
Our well-being can decrease with:
- Being Overweight or having Obesity (70% of us are either overweight or have Obesity) (40% of us have Obesity)
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Joint pain
- Chronic diseases
Many of the habits we enjoyed for years may diminish our health as we mature. Many symptoms and conditions are related to becoming overweight of developing obesity. Some of the Manifestations are the following:
- Increased joint pain from Arthritis ( losing 10 pounds takes a 40 pound load off your knees)
- Decreased mobility
- Decreased endurance,
- Heart disease, High Blood Pressure, Stroke, Varicose veins
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Elevated Lipids, cholesterol, triglycerides,
- Gastroesophageal reflux, hernias
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea, shortness of breath, asthma
- Nerve entrapment
Extensive research shows that some chronic diseases associated with excess weight and can be prevented, improved or reversed with therapy including lifestyle change.
What is Therapeutic Lifestyle Change?
Making therapeutic lifestyle change means:
- Making new choices in order to prevent disease
- Making healthy dietary choices
- Adopting practical plans for staying active
- Managing stress
- Getting good restorative sleep
- Getting help if you are experiencing any psychological conditions (depression, anxiety)
- Replacing old habits with new ones to delay or prevent onset of disease
- Incorporating good and nutrition, vitamins and or supplements to promote health
- These changes can add years of good health, better mood, energy, clarity and improve the quality of your life.
Our Unique Therapeutic Lifestyle Program
The Optimal Wellness Center personalized combined Weight Loss /Wellness plan. Our plans are different because they are completely personalized for you. This is a specialized program, which unlike most others, targets a unique combination of health factors. It is based on clinical studies that show its effectiveness. It incorporates:
- A sensible eating plan
- Exercise to improve metabolism, muscle and restore vitality
- Nutritional supplementation
- Stress management
Dr. Keller specializes in helping patients lose weight and prevent or help reverse chronic diseases associated with excess weight. She will design a unique combination weightless/wellness plan just for you. Because your therapeutic program is developed for your unique health status, creating your program starts with a comprehensive history and physical.
- Consultation and follow up with Dr. Keller
- metabolic and genetic testing
- Comprehensive body composition analysis
- Clear and simple guidelines for eating
- Lifestyle counseling
- Nutrition product recommendations
- Weight loss Manuel (Customized)
- Progress tracking
- To learn more about our program go to our weightloss page
Take back your life, with a guided plan to restore vitality
No matter how stuck you may feel with your old lifestyle habits, you can adopt a clear new path to better energy and quality of life. Your individual, personal plan enables you to make new choices for more energy, clearer thinking, better strength, independence, and better living.
Illness does not have to be a normal part of your adult life. Ask Dr. Keller about how weight loss can help you from developing chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease. How you can regain energy, function and an improved quality of life