Blueberries are the “Super Stars among ‘Super Foods.'”
Blueberries Health Benefits
Blueberries contain powerful phytochemicals which have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Blueberries are one of the highest food sources of antioxidants.
There is increasing evidence that Blueberries have many health benefits. Here are just a few!
1) Boost your Immune System: The phytochemicals in blueberries particularly Flavanoids like Anthocyanin are powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and have been shown to strengthen the immune system.
2) Promote Eye Health: Blueberries contain not only antioxidants but also vitamins and minerals, all which promote eye health.
3) Reduce Cardiovascular Disease: In addition to antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, blueberries also reduce total Cholesterol, raise HDL (good cholesterol) and decrease triglycerides.
4) Beneficial effect on Blood Sugar, Weight and Metabolism: There is increasing evidence that blueberries have a beneficial effect on blood sugar and help reduce the risk of developing the metabolic syndrome. Thus helping not only with blood sugar regulation but weight loss and a more efficient metabolism. Recent studies have also provided evidence that another phytochemical polyphenols found in blueberries may help break down belly fat.
5) Promote Brain Health: Blueberries have been found to improve cognitive function, including memory. Blueberries health benefits may help prevent age-related cognitive decline.
At 80 calories a cup and with 4 grams of fiber and all the health benefits. A cup of blueberries is the perfect snack. It may be the fruit of the day to “keep the doctor away.”
PS: Want to know why we love antioxidants?