Confused about what to eat? With so much information about which diet to follow, it can be very confusing. Low fat? Low carb? Low calorie? Paleo diet? South Beach? Atkins? Metabolic diet? Blood type diet? Alkaline Diet? Juice Cleanse? With so much conflicting information, it’s hard to know what to do to live a healthier life.
Are you ready to improve your health and feel and look your best? We all know diets don’t work long term unless you stay on them, and you may lose weight. But does following a certain diet mean you are really healthy?
If you want to lose weight, improve your health, and feel better, you need to make lifestyle changes. These changes include good nutrition, exercise, adequate sleep, reduction in stress, and a positive mental attitude.
Your motivation to become healthier is the key to your success. The first step is coming up with your own personal reasons for making changes that will improve your health.
Here are 3 tips to help you find the right motivation to help your reach your healthy goals
- Make a list of what motivates you, make sure you look at that list every morning to set you on the right track for the day.
- Set goals that you can keep, and think long-term success.
- Start making small changes and see how much better you feel.
About those small changes to help you feel better – here are three to get you started:
- Keep tempting food out of your house-don’t buy it.
- Eat only while sitting down at kitchen or dining room table.
(Don’t eat while watching TV, on the computer, or reading)
- Make sure you have healthy snacks available, at home, at work or on the go. Apples or a small 100 calorie pack of almonds are great on the go snacks.
Diets only work as long as you stay on them, that’s why, to lose weight and become healthy, you need to make lifestyle changes. If you lose weight and return to old habits the pounds will return!
Subscribe to 10 free healthy weight tips by email for more ideas for managing your weight naturally.